A Challenge that Will Get Your Home Organized For Good
Whole House Organization Challenge 2018
Welcome to my 2nd annual Whole House Organization Challenge! Recall that I completed this self-imposed challenge last year as a way to get my home in order - for good - in 14 weeks or less.
When I embarked on that journey, I had no idea how greatly it would improve my home life! So I'm doing it again this year. If you're tired of wasting time, energy and money on organization systems that don't work or don't last, I invite you to give this challenge a try.
The method I use is by no means the only effective one. Nor is it really anything new or fancy. But let me tell you it works.
Affiliate links may be included in this post. This means that should you purchase a linked product, I may receive a small commission, but at no additional cost to you. To read my full disclosure click here.
Does this mean that my home is now perfect? Far from it. None of us is immune to disruptions to our plans. Life still gets in the way from time to time. And when that happens my home might look like a tornado hit it. The difference is that when a solid system is in place, it is much, MUCH easier to recover and reclaim your space(s).
Whether you are a caretaker or a parent; or you are recovering from an illness or a loss, systems (predetermined processes of knowing where things are or belong in different situations) can add a measure of stability, and ironically— comfort— to your life. Here's how the Whole House Organization Challenge will play out:
The WHO Challenge Process
- Each week I will present you with a new space to tackle. If you don't have a room in your home like the one I've selected, simply to choose another.
- This year, I will be including some of you in the before-and-afters. I'm SO excited about this part!
- Where appropriate, I'll also present an inspiration plan which will help us visualize the finished - and hopefully -organized space.
- The previous WHO Challenge made its debut in the kitchen. This time, however, we will start with the storage spaces. Why? The popular thinking is that once the storage spaces have been organized, it will be easier to determine where to put items discovered in other rooms of the home during the organizational process. I tend to agree.
- I've included a FREE downloadable Whole House Organization Workbook to help you follow along and stay focused.
In the WHO Challenge Workbook I've broken down my process of purging and organizing any space of the home. I've also included some inspirational photos from my previous WHO Challenge. These actual photos combined with the exercises will help you to see that, YES, it can be done!
In my next post, I will show you how we used other portions of the workbook to map out an organization plan for a small apartment-sized laundry room. For now though, I'd LOVE to get your thoughts on this challenge.
- What do you think about the Whole House Organization Challenge?
- If you downloaded the workbook, how do you like it?
- Will you be participating in the challenge with me?
One more favor may I ask of you?
If you enjoyed this post
Please share, tweet or pin it.